Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sale of Pappu

I would like to share with you some of the funny incidents that happenned in my college life . Well I would like to share these with my readers . No offences meant to anybody .

This was an incident that took place in the fifth semester. We had a subject called system software in fifth semester in computer science engineering .We used to have internals for all subjects and system software was no exception . Our HOD had made a strict rule that people getting less than 20 on 50 had to meet him . Well meeting him implied a long session with him where he used to screw your happiness .It included threats such as call your parents, cancellation of placements , suspension for a week etc. Oviously nobody ever wanted to meet our beloved HOD .

I didnot study at all for this paper for my internals .I found company in one of my friends who also didnot study for this subject . He happenned to be in a different section but we had a common teacher whom we had nicknamed "Pappu" .Well after the internals the results were published and our answer scripts were given to us. It so happenned that the answer scripts were shown a day earlier for my friend . As expected he had done badly .He had scored 13 on 50. He didnot want to meet the HOD . So he went to the teacher and asked for grace marks . "Pappu" was merciless and he was adamant on not giving the grace .

Now comes the interesting part . My friend keeps pestering the teacher . But its of no use . Finally he comes up with a trump card . He tells Pappu that if he would not give him grace HOD would call him. HOD would screw his happiness and cancel his placements. Once his placements are cancelled his life would be ruined . He would have no hope in life and he would commit suicide.Hearing this our great Pappu freaks out and in our language we would say "uski phat ke haat mein aa gayi thi" . He gives my friend grace .

My friend tells me this story in the evening .As I too had not studied for the subject , I too didnot have hopes of getting more than twenty . My friend had already played the ultimate trump card . I too did not enjoy the idea of meeting my HOD .The next morning I went to the college .

Pappu had the first class.He started giving us our answer scripts. I got 15 on 50 . I too was kind of tensed as to how I could manage a 5 mark grace from him. Initially I started pestering him ,pleading him to give me 20 .He was as usual merciless.He didnot pay heed to my words . Finally I played my masterstroke . I told him that my friend had got 13 and he made it 20 just because he had told a lie that freaked him out.But I added that i am telling the truth that I wouldn't commit suicide. So he should give me the grace. Pappu was in a state of shock .He used to think he was very shrewd and clever .We managed to beat him . He gave me 20 and asked me to keep the story within three of us . Well I told my other fellow classmates who had got less than 20 .So he had to give grace to a lot of people . He was kind of shattered by our trick . He used avoid confrontation with me or my friend .

When I think of this today I still have a hearty laugh thinking how we had fooled Pappu .In our language we had successfully managed to "katofy" Pappu. We were like "Humne pappu ko bech diya" meaning we sold Pappu .

3 comments:

aashish said...

u can be future pappu too... :) lol

good one atri... but the story is not complete still... u flunked in the final exam rite??

Arjun said...

Atri dude u flunked in this subject in the finals ???

BINAY PRASANNA JENA said...

Complete chatoo one...sorry to hav told the truth...
such incidents do happen in all campuses...post some spicy unique ones dude...
even at the cost of being vulgar...but something unique n special